What we know about massage is evolving.
The way we think about massage needs to evolve, too.
What we know about massage is evolving.The way we think about massage needs to evolve, too.
Below is a list of known benefits of massage that highlight why Massage Therapy should be an integral part of your wellness routine, instead of just a luxury reserved for special occasions.
Book your next massage with Summit Therapeutics today, and get your bodywork journey started. Massage encourages a many health and wellness benefits.
In fact, according to the American Massage Therapy Association,
67% of adults who received massage in 2018 did so for medical or stress related reasons.
Massage Therapy has been shown to help with a variety of conditions, and that list is only growing.
Benefits of Massage Therapy:
Manage Stress and Blood Pressure.
- We all know that massage has a powerful effect on stress. There are multiple reasons for this:
Lower Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety.
- Massage has been shown to reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety. Article Here.
Improve Sleep and Ease Fatigue.
- This one is no surprise: massage has been shown to help with sleep. Article Here.
Strengthen the Immune System.
- Even a single 45-minute massage has noticeable and measurable effects on the immune system. Article Here.
Prevent Injury and Speed Recovery.
- Regular therapeutic massage can help prevent injuries on the playing field, and can also you get back on your feet faster after an injury. Article Here.
Manage Poor Posture and Side Effects.
- Poor posture is common in our society. Unfortunately, poor posture comes with a litany of negative side effects. Article Here.
- Massage therapy can effectively relax tight tissues, and restore dynamic tension. (aka proper posture).
- Most people are not as flexible as they would like to be, and this often causes uncomfortable stiffness. Fortunately, there are massage techniques with that focus on increasing flexibility.
- Manage Chronic Pain.
Help Improve Stability and Quality Of Life in Older Adults.
- Massage is associated with a reduction in negative effects of dementia, high-blood pressure, osteoarthritis, and a host of other issues. Massage was also shown to promote relaxation and stability among older adults. Article Here.
Lessen the Symptoms of PMS.
- While the symptoms of PMS are different for every woman, massage may help lessen menstrual discomfort. Massage has been shown to help with water retention, depression, pain/cramping, and other symptoms associated with PMS/PMDD. Article Here.
Improve Face, Scalp and Hair Health.
- A simple face and scalp massage is relaxing. But massage may also help stimulate circulation in the area, which could result in healthier skin, hair, and scalp.
The list of benefits attributed to bodywork and massage is ever growing.
But don’t just take our word for it. See for yourself!
Join the Summit Circle
Stay in the loop about sales, special offers, community events, office closures and more.